Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Booty Haul

My Yarn Pirate Booty Club package arrived today!!


I was getting a little nervous because it's been over 2 weeks since it was mailed out, but I guess I have Canada Post to thank for that! This is my first sock club, and I haven't been disappointed. I chose this club because first of all, Yarn Pirate rocks. And secondly, she was only charging for the yarn, and not for a whole whack of "extras". Georgia did sneak in a cute button and cinnamon-smelling soap, which she generously paid for herself.
Now for the yarn itself...right away I could appreciate the beauty of the colours. But if I had seen this yarn in the store, I don't think I would have picked it for myself. Then I did a bit of Google-ing and found this awesome pic, and now I'm in love with this yarn.

Got lots of knitting done yesterday. Here's an updated Bayerische pic:
More to come tomorrow!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

It's gorgeous!!! And Michelle, you should love the colors! They totally match your blog colors!

Kathy... said...

LOL! Yes, as I jumped from the flicker photo that you found, back to your blog, I also noticed the similarity of color!

I like the yarn, quite a bit. I have been in a couple of similar clubs, and that is the fun part - getting things you would not normally purchase for yourself. You get thrown out of your comfort zone, and it is amazing what you can discover about yourself! So - enjoy and go with it.

The Bayersiche (sp??) is quite lovely, btw. I think I have that pattern in my list for "someday".

km said...

The penllyn socks are a great match of yarn and pattern. I'm definately going to find some socks to knit as soon as my baby knitting is done.

becky c. said...

Hey, that Bayerische is really coming along! (But I still love my fab blue-and-green socks the best!)