Monday, July 30, 2007

Back To Normal

It's so nice to be back to normal. The craziness of camp is over. Saturday we spent the day cleaning up the church property, and Sunday was our opening service in the new chapel.

Today, was just spent the day at home doing normal things...dishes, laundry, and knitting! I picked up my Bayerische socks again. My Sockapalooza recipient knitted those for her recipient, and I was supposed to knit them with her (so that we could give each other encouraging support), but I let that slip.

I mailed off her socks and goodies today:



I love shopping for gifts for people. I got her some Lorna's Laces in Ravenswood (I was considering using that yarn in the beginning), Misti Alpaca lace, Drops alpaca, some sheep napkins, Chibi darning needles, some stickers and Godiva hot chocolate.

No plans for tomorrow, so tonight I'm going to stay up real late and watch Battlestar Galactica Season 2.5 I just rented, and plug away at those socks.

2 comments:

km said...

Wow! That's a great box! There's some really lucky lady out there...and I know she'll be thrilled when it comes in the mail.

With a giant VBS...I know a lot of work goes into that...but this year all I had to do was show up and help. I know it's just the grace of God that the kids show up though (wether you plan for 100 or 1,000). All the planning means nothing if your kids don't invite their friends.

Kathy... said...

Congrats on a successful week of camp! Just think of all those wonderful memories you help create for all those kids! You have changed lives!! Great work.....