Friday, July 27, 2007

Blessed Day

Today has been such a wonderfully, blessed day for so many reasons. It was the final day of our successful bible camp. I can't believe how quickly the week has flown by. Just a few weeks ago, we weren't even sure we were going to have a camp, but we prayed that if it was His will, then it would all come together. And it did!! Everything worked out perfectly.


I have no doubt in my mind that the Lord wanted me to be a part of this camp, especially on this day. July 27th was my due date, if I hadn't had my miscarriage last January. I really wanted to get pregnant again before this date, and as each month went by, I was getting a little down. But I've since learned how selfish it is for me to look at what I don't have, and how futile life can be when I don't have complete faith in His plan for me. Every day I have to remind myself to see the incredible blessings God has given me. Whether I have another child or not, it doesn't matter. I'm so thankful for all that I have. Today was so happy, being surrounded by all the amazing children of our church. Praise God.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you had such a good day. Thanks for sharing... your positive attitude is an encouragement!

km said...

Today was the last day of our VBS too. I'm glad that you saw the blessing in each child that surrounded you. You're so right about trusing in HIM. Prov. 3:5-6