Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wedding

My Kiri shawl was finished and blocked on Friday:


Just in time for my friend's wedding on Saturday. Anu was my best friend in high school. It was so wonderful to see her getting married...I've never seen her happier!

This was my first time attending an East Indian wedding, and it was very beautiful. Everything was so lavish and extravagant! The weather was perfect, and the venue was decorated in traditional decor. I just loved how every woman was wearing a different coloured sari.
Here's me and the married couple:

The thing that amazed me most about this wedding, was when it came time to open the dance floor. The older couples (I'm talking about grandparents) were the first ones to hit the dance floor to loud, pulsing bhangra, and they were not holding anything back! It was awesome!!

4 comments:

marit said...

That is one beautiful shawl!

Anonymous said...

The shawl is amazing, Michelle. You did a beautiful job. The Indian wedding is beautiful. I love the culture and the food! You look very pretty.

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Your shawl is gorgeous!

The wedding is very pretty.

Monika said...

Your Kiri turned out beautiful. What a nice, soft color!