Saturday, May 5, 2007

Finished Scarf

Here is the completed Sea Silk scarf:


As you can see, it really isn't even long enough to wrap around the neck. But it sure is beautiful, and butttery soft! I bet if I made it one repeat narrower, it would have come out a good length.




The edges were a little uneven from the wires. Next time I won't stretch as much. My recipient still hasn't emailed me back, but I already have some ideas floating around my head in case she would like another one. Maybe a feather and fan shawl with 2 colours of Sea Silk? Maybe a triangular shawl with super-soft Eden Madil bamboo?

9 comments:

Jodi said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors, too. What a lucky scarf recipient.

Tammy said...

Wow! That's beautiful! I think it's a great length for a silk scarf... really!

Monika said...

It's stunning, and I wear mine like that, tucked into the jacket. It doesn't always have to be wrapped around the neck.

Anonymous said...

The scarf turned out beautifully! Anyone would love to have it!

~Susie~ said...

I think she would really love it!
I think you should give it to her,it might not be the length she wants be it is truly beautiful :)

Angela said...

Stunning.

Lace is something I haven't tried yet.

I need to get myself a nice little project on which to cut my teeth.

~A

Unknown said...

this is so beautiful~

knitspot anne said...

that scarf is gorgeous; it doesn't need to BE long with all that beautiful draping up near the neck. in fact, it looks like more length would pull it down too much . . .

International Scarf Exchange said...

Oh Michelle, It's beautiful! Fancy doing all that work and not even sending it off - Yu really are a committed ISE pal. I'm sure your grandmother will love it! :-) Sharon