Friday, May 4, 2007

New Wires and Magazines

My blocking wires came in yesterday, so last night my sea silk scarf looked like this:



I must say, it was quite a scary experience blocking it. There were such contradicting opinions online on how to block silk, but in the end I went with Eunny Jang, and wet blocked. Also, it was tough getting those wires in! I was scared I would snag the yarn. After pinning, I could see the stitches that the wires went under were pulling out. I'm not sure how I could have corrected that because I weaved in the wire every half inch or less. Maybe I stretched the scarf too much.

I'm not sure if this scarf is going to my exchange recipient any more. I may have to knit something new. The scarf measures only 42" long. Very short! I couldn't find any more Sea Silk in this colour anywhere. I emailed my recipient, and we'll see what she says about the length. Oh well, more knitting is never a bad thing!

While I was out getting the wires, I picked up these:



The last time I bought Knitsimple, I was just learning to knit. The designs in it are still quite unattractive, but the reason I bought it was for the cute amigurumi:





and my favourite:

So adorable! I haven't crocheted amigurumi in a while, and I'm sure I could figure out these dolls eventually on my own, but it's just so much easier to have a pattern in front of you. If you haven't seen much amigurumi, please check out this site. Be sure to see her gallery. Elisabeth Doherty is the reason I learned to crochet in the first place. She has a book coming out this fall, called Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute. Can't wait to get that!






0 comments: