Sunday, May 27, 2007

Speedway Socks Started

I started the Speedway Socks, which I'm test knitting for Sockapalooza. I'm using Socks That Rock in colour January One. I find a freshly wound cake of yarn that is so beautiful, the way you can see all the colours mixed together.



It's so pretty I almost didn't want to use it. Keyword being almost. I'm so glad the colours are behaving in nice, neat stripes:



I made a few minor changes to the pattern. I did one purl row after the cast on, then one knit row, to make a firm edge that didn't curl over. I mirrored the increases; and in the panel parts, instead of [p2, ktbl, p2], I did [p1, ktbl, p1, ktbl, p1]. The sock has 3 chevron parts, vs. the 4 on Jaywalker. This makes the sock fit a little better. I'm lovin' this sock so far!

8 comments:

~Susie~ said...

the sock looks great! stripes are perfect

Unknown said...

Those are GORGEOUS!!!! Is this pattern going to be available soon?
The striping is coming out perfectly!!! Oooh, very, very nice.

Anonymous said...

The socks are really pretty! Nice.

Robyn said...

Gorgeous!!!

Carrie said...

I love the striping and the pattern--what a perfect match!

Anonymous said...

These socks look wonderful! I love the striping combined with the pattern. It's lovely.

Seanna Lea said...

Cute socks! I love the little stripes.

Debra said...

Your socks look lovely! Great color, great pattern.