Monday, May 7, 2007

Socks

These are the socks currently on my needles:



Waving Lace socks from Favourite Socks. Great pattern.

Speaking of great patterns, I got the perfect pattern for Sockapalooza. They're called "Speedway Socks", and you can find them here. The link is along the right side. At first I was thinking of knitting Jaywalkers, but getting the fit right would be pretty hard. The Speedway Socks look like they will fit better.

I think I've found my yarn as well, but I'm stuck between two choices. Maybe we can have a little vote, and you can tell me which one you prefer. My recipient has asked for self-striping red, blue or purple. My first choice would be Yarntini in McDreamy, but of course that is impossible to get. So my choices are between two Lorna's Laces. Sometimes they stripe, sometimes not.


Yarn #1: Colour - Uptown




Yarn #2: Colour - Ravenswood



Which one would you pick?

3 comments:

~Susie~ said...

I like the uptown,LL,but they are both nice.
is the Speedway Socks pattern a sort of feather and fan pattern? I can't really tell on the picture she has.
the sock pattern does look nice though ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, definitely the Lorna's Laces Uptown! You can't go wrong with it. They're all nice, though. I love the socks you're making, and the way you photographed them!

Angela said...

Definitely the uptown.

Nothing goes better than red and teal.

Mmm.

~A