Thursday, May 24, 2007

Uh-Oh!

This is the kind of thing that happens to people who do things without planning ahead:



On the left is the Sea Silk I'm working with, in Periwinkle. On the right is the new skein I just bought, also in Periwinkle. Hmmmm...the colours aren't even close. I really, really don't want to start this scarf over again, especially since it's supposed to be mailed by June 7th. But then again, I'm the type of person that won't gift anything that's less than perfect. I'm gonna start alternating balls, and just pray that it will be okay. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh no! I was just thinking of ordering a skein for the pattern in the new IK but it's so hard to choose a color over the internet. Is it as wonderful as they say?

Monika said...

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

You know, I think the scarf will be pretty with both shades alternated. I should work!

Anonymous said...

Both shades look gorgeous. that's the problem with hand dyed yarn though. they can vary. I was looking for a skein in that shade today but got Autumn instead and a skein of Handmaiden Silk Lace. Gorgeous yarn.