Friday, May 11, 2007

Kiri

I've been working on my Kiri shawl again. I hadn't touched it in months, but now I'm a little motivated because I have an outdoor afternoon wedding to attend on the 19th. It would be nice if I could wear this, because other than a fancy event, I don't ever see myself wearing shawls. I must say, though it is looking gorgeous, this project has been the most unpleasant one I've ever worked on. It feels so awkward managing the super-fine yarn on 4.5mm, and the yarn is so sticky that each stitch requires total concentration. Plus there's also the overwhelming pressure to not make a mistake (and the heart-stopping terror when you find a mistake!) because this yarn is so difficult to rip back. I'm sure this shawl will be like giving birth...the end result will be so beautiful that I will forget the pain I went though to get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking great, and will definitely be worth it when you're done :)

Sock Pal xx

~Susie~ said...

lovely shade of green,it'll be worth it!

Anonymous said...

The shawl is so beautiful. Don't give up! You can do it.