Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pooling

Some people don't mind pooling. Some actually like it. As for me, it makes me want to tear my hair out.

My daughter's sweater was knitting up quite nicely (see last post), then all of a sudden it started pooling. I tried cutting out portions of yarn and starting rows at new places along the yarn, but that didn't work. It made me so upset I ripped out the whole thing and decided to knit her a jumper instead. I've since ripped out the jumper about 6 times because of this:



Pooling! I've tried different stitch counts, different needle sizes...didn't work. I didn't want to knit from two balls because it's so chunky, but that's what I'll try next. If that doesn't work, then I'm off to Gap Kids to buy her something. I hate pooling.

5 comments:

Shar said...

I agree!! I ripped out my Wicked because I couldn't stand the pooling.

~Susie~ said...

honestly I hate pooling too.I wonder if you did a fan and feather pattern on the sweater,would that help? I sometimes use that pattern for socks so I don't get the pooling....just a thought

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Have you tried using 2 balls at once, knit a row or two from one ball, then a row or two from the second ball and switch back and forth? Don't know if that would work but I've seen this mentioned when knitting withskeins that aren't quite the same (even though it's the same dye lot) or when you make something with Noro Kureyon.

Monika said...

Me too! Used to think that I don't mind it, but I DO! ;o)

Kathy... said...

I've tried to like it...but just can't get to that point. I'm a ripper when needed. Good luck!