Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Embossed Leaves

Embossed Leaves socks done!



This was a really quick knit! The little leaves were so addictive! The yarn is Sisu, 2 balls with quite a bit left over, and 2.5 mm needles. I'm going to try REALLY hard not to cast on a new pair of socks, because I'd like to get the Sea Silk scarf completed. Right now I have only 3 projects going: Trekking socks, a Kiri shawl (haven't touched it in a long time), and the Sea Silk scarf. I really dislike having multiple projects. I wonder what that says about me?

4 comments:

Poethead said...

Oh, wow! The socks and the the color are gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Beautiful!

Any idea what kind of gauge you had on these? I've heard of quite a few people who have had issues with the socks being too big/baggy, so I was going to try them on 2.25 mm needles, on which I get about 8 sts to the inch.

Michelle said...

Hello SJ,
I think the recommended gauge was 7 1/2 sts = 1". I'm a super-tight knitter, and I got almost 9 sts per inch on 2.5mm. The socks fit me perfectly (size 7 feet), so yes, I think you should go down in needle size. Happy knitting!

Bianca said...

You're a true needle artist. Wonderful socks!