Saturday, April 14, 2007

Nupps!

I haven't been able to put this shawl down! I was up 'til the wee hours last night. I'm now at the infamous nupps section. In case you don't know what a nupp is, it's k1,yo, k1, yo, k1 on one side, and p5tog on the other. I've heard how difficult the p5tog can be so I'm using pointy Inox needles. Anyways, the first row of nupps, I did the ks and yos normal, and the p5tog was very tight. I found it much easier to use a crochet hook, which wasn't much slower since it already was fiddly in the first place. The nupp came out tight and tiny. The second row of nupps, I did the ks and yos super-loosely. The p5tog was much easier (didn't need a crochet hook), but the nupp was not as nice looking. Even though it takes more work, I think I'm going to go with the crochet hook.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting how much difference it can make, isn't it? I was wondering what a "nupps" was. Now, I know. I ordered the yarn today for my own Swallowtail. I can't wait! Any other tips will be appreciated! Pretty blue!