Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Almost Done!

Usually I'm such a terrible procrastinator, that I'm up 'til 4am the night before finishing gifts. That's why I'm so proud of myself for finishing my Mother's Day gift early! This is my first completed lace project, and I loved it! The Swallowtail Shawl took less than a week. I used 3 balls + a little from a 4th (2/3 of the BO row) of Elann Baby Silk, and 3.5mm Inox circulars.

I tried the string method of blocking. It was quite tough since I had a 4 yr old pulling one corner, and a 6 yr old pulling the other. I think it's going to turn out okay, though:



I think I will try to find a set of blocking wires before I complete the Sea Silk scarf.

It's such a rush completing a project! Let's just pray that Mom likes it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle, your shawl is gorgeous! You did an amazing job. Your mother is going to love it. Are you sad it's finished?

Anonymous said...

It is just lovely, regardless of what your mother may SAY, she will love it.

Cecilia said...

It's gorgeous! And you did it so fast. Congratulations.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The shawl is gorgeous!

Monika said...

This was fast! It's beautiful! How did you like the nubbs?