Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Yesterday I finished up these socks:



It is made from Shelridge Farm's Soft Touch Ultra in Handpaint C. The yarn's name is right on, because it's one of the softest sock yarns I've ever felt.

I was really excited to finish these socks, so that I can move on to a new project (I only have the Bayerisches on the needles, and I feel really unmotivated to finish them right now). So, last night I went rummaging through my stash for the yarn to make my son's birthday sweater. Stash was getting a little messy, so I started to do some organizing. I found myself staring at a pile of sock scraps, and next thing I knew, I was knitting this:



The beginnings of a sock scrap blanket. Very unexpected. Though I've seen many beautiful sock blankets on other blogs, I was quite certain that I would never knit this. I really dislike have unfinished projects lying around. Oh well; change is good!

6 comments:

becky c. said...

Oh no! I have a big bag of leftover sock yarn in a drawer. Must.not.start.another.project! So pretty, though!

km said...

I love the mini miters. You could always stop at doll blanket size for your daughter...and then it wouldn't be unfinished as long. I'll be excited to see updates on this.

Anonymous said...

The socks are awesome! The little scraps are pretty cool too.

Angela said...

Love the Bits Blanket.

But you already knew that.

~A

Knittin' Diva said...

Oohhhh....I love this idea!! I'm still a fairly new sock knitter, only a couple of months, but I've been wondering what I would do with the scraps. Thanks for sharing!

yarnahoy said...

The colors in the scraps are just terrific.
I'm sure the blanket will be a masterpiece when done.
:)