Wednesday, August 8, 2007

That's It For Summer!

Here is the Indigo Ripples skirt I finished a while back.




I really like this skirt; it's so comfy. It feels very thick and heavy, but when I was wearing it today in 30+ degree heat, it was nice and breezy. I really liked working with Cotton Ease. I took a close-up picture of the fabric of the bum area as a before shot, and after a few wears and washes, I'll see how durable this yarn really is.
The Picovoli in Rowan Bamboo Tape is also done:

I have mixed feelings about this sweater. There really isn't anything wrong with the sweater itself. It's cool, comfortable and fits well. I guess I'm just disappointed in myself for making such a silly (and very expensive) impulsive purchase. Lesson learned.
I think that will be it for summer knitting. I have so many to-dos, but since there is only about a month left of hot weather, I'm going to get a start on fall knitting now. First project is going to be a Transformers sweater for my son's b-day in September.
My Sockapalooza package should be arriving any day now. My recipient, Becky, received her package yesterday, and I'm so glad that it made her happy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They both look great!

I hope your package arrives soon - we've had some postal strikes here in the UK so it might take a little longer than usual...

Sock pal xx

Monika said...

Wow, Michelle, be proud because boht, skirt and top look fabulous! Perfectly knit and they fit so well, the colors are so nice too. Enjoy the top rather then think how much it cost. You learned your lesson, but it's too nice to not enjoy it!

km said...

The skirt is great. And you look fabulous. But the Ticovoli...that is amazing. I love the way the neck-line drapes across your shoulders. I don't have any idea about how expensive this was..guess I could check, but why. This is gorgeous. You could have paid a pretty penny at Nordstoms' (do you have those in CA?) and not walked out with something that fits so well and looks that amazing...no mistake there. You'll just need to vacation to a more summery climate when it gets cold in Canada. Sure this isn't a "MOM" shirt, part of the jean/t-shirt wardrobe of every mom...but this is definately a date shirt...just make sure you get a night out with your husband soon...

jillian said...

Both your FOs are great! I have to day, your CE skirt is especially cute!

Susan Pandorf said...

Two lovely FOs Michelle! And I also love the dsock name. Too cute!

Blessings!

Virtuous said...

Love the Ripple! That is on my list to do next!! Please keep us posted how the cotton-ease holds up! :o)

marit said...

The skirt is cute, but the top is stunning! Enjoy it!

Kathy... said...

Both your skirt and the top are exquisite! Beautiful job. You should LOVE the top!! - the fit is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE that you used a color other than blue! Don't get me wrong, it's my favorite color but I love that you made the skirt a nice bright color!! i'm making mine green. The stockinette is a tad boring but hey :-)