Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sweet Stripy Speedways



Isn't it so cute? At first I wasn't too excited about the base yarn of this Vesper, but after knitting with it, I found it to be very springy, soft and almost slippery. I really like it. For this sock I increased each chevron by 2 sts. and added 2 more rows of garter to the cuff.

I need all of your opinions on something. My recipient says she doesn't like neon. To me, neon means fluorescent yellow, green, pink and orange. But then, could neon mean any bright, super-saturated colour? Is this sock considered to be neon? Sorry if I'm being paranoid; just want this sock to be perfect!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

What colors did she say she liked? The pink and blue are a bit bright... but not in a shocking way. I wouldn't say "neon". I think you have a very fun, unique color combo!

Anonymous said...

Wow, they look fantastic. And i wouldn't say the colours are neon. They're bright but gorgeous. As Tammy says, it's a fun, uique colour combo.

Monika said...

Na, not neon colors. Very fresh looking colores and fun. The pattern is perfect.

Kathy... said...

Very Nice!! Not "neon", but bright!