Friday, June 15, 2007

Eight Things About Me

I've been tagged! Thank you Tammy!

I've always thought these things are so fun to read, 'cause unless you've known someone for a long time, you'd never learn about such details.

Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I'm addicted to the computer game Zuma. Not a day goes by that I don't play it. It's a piece of cake for me to finish the game without losing a life, but I still play to beat my high scores. I can complete the game with 38 lives left over.

2. I love reptiles: snakes, lizards, turtles, frogs...love 'em! If my husband would let me, I'd love to have my own reptile zoo. However....

3. All insects freak me out. Even the tiny ones. I know how I got this fear too. When I was about 6 years old, I bit into a chocolate doughnut. Then I looked down to see that it was completely covered in ants. Not nice at all. When I was about 10, my friend and I were lying in the grass talking and looking at the clouds. After a while, our legs were itchy, and we found them covered from the knees down with more ants. I guess our feet were on their ant hill. Just thinking of ants is sending shivers up my spine!

4. I'm an excellent swimmer. I used to swim competitively in my teens. However...

5. I have a fear of open water. Put me in a pool and I feel like I'm home. Put me in a lake and see me freak out. I think it's because I can't see the total contents of what's in the lake. I once was in the ocean in Thailand, where the water is crystal clear and every detail was visible at the bottom, and I was okay.

6. Coffee makes me sleepy. That's why I don't drink it.

7. I don't like to talk. I try to avoid the phone. I'm very introverted, and meeting new people is very difficult for me. That's why I love blogging. I can interact with people without talking! I married a man that talks about anything and everything, so he does enough for the both of us!

8. I love the smell of concrete. Every time I go down into our unfinished basement, I have to stop and take a deep sniff. I also like the smell of air conditioning, but I'm thinking that if you can smell it, it's not really good for you.

Who should I tag next?

How about: Angela, Babette, Judy, Kathy, Anni, and Monika.

2 comments:

Kathy... said...

Your Sunday night kool-aid sock is gorgeous!! I have never tried to dye any yarns at all...but your success is inspirational.

As for the MeMe, I did that one a few weeks ago. So, I may just refer back to it, or I may come up with some new oddities about myself. (I am sure there are enough to be had... vbg!)

Later - K

Tammy said...

Isn't it funny how many of us bloggers have addictions to video games? I also used to swim competitively (as a young child) and hate swimming and oceans and lakes. As for the phone, I don't even like to call and make appts.

But the reptiles... we have at least 4 snakes at our house right now (this number varies as my sons catch and release). My husband has a great variety of snakes at his work (including an occasional rattler). He also breeds boas. You'd like it there. (I don't. Now a turtle... I could handle that.)