Thursday, June 7, 2007

New Project

I've been wanting to knit the Indigo Ripples skirt from the spring Interweave Knits, but was waiting for the right yarn. I did place an order with Elann the other day, but decided to be a good girl and use something from my stash. The only thing that I had that was appropriate was Lion Brand Cotton Ease:



I've never had good results with yarn from Michael's, but this yarn has some pretty good reviews. The colour is more of a dusty pink, not the bubblegum pink in the picture. So far it's knitting up quite nicely. It's soft and plush, and the gauge is very close on 4mm needles. We'll just have to see how durable this yarn will be!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I have heard great things about Cotton Ease as well. I can't wait to see your finished skirt!

~Susie~ said...

I was surprised to see cotton-ease at michaels.I haven't bought any yet but I'm hoping to grab some before it disapears
btw your sock is looking awesome

CaveGurl said...

I am using the old Cotton-Ease in a pretty blue color to make Rusted Root. I love how springing and non-drying this stuff is! I want to get to Michael's and grab some of the cream color to make the swan cardigan from the Spring IK magazine. I can't wait to see how your skirt is going to turn out. I really wanted to make this one too.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the skirt when you get down to the lace!