Saturday, June 9, 2007

She loved it!!

My International Scarf Exchange 4 recipient got her scarf yesterday, and she loved it! She sent me the sweetest email that made me so thankful I joined!


Even though there were some rough parts with the first scarf being to short, and the mismatching skeins (can you see it in the picture above? about 1/3 from the bottom? not too bad, eh?), and almost not finishing on time, it was definitely worth it!

Remember when I revealed my name to her by accident? Turns out she thought I was another Michelle, and was sneaking peeks at her blog, not mine! Hee hee!!
This is the Shetland Triangle Shawl from Wrap Style. It took 1 1/2 skeins of Handmaiden Sea Silk in colour Periwinkle, on 3.25mm. I forgot to take measurements, but it's not too big, not too small.
My scarf pal emailed me a couple of days ago that mine is in the mail. I can't wait!!

6 comments:

Susan Pandorf said...

Well, of course she loves it! Who wouldn't? that shawl is a thing of beauty Michelle! (Excuse me a moment...ok, I'm back. Had to wipe the drool from my mouth.)

I gotta' go get me some seasilk from my stash (NO! NO! MUST FINISH WING O' THE MOTH FIRST!)

Now look what you've done! My good knitter and my bad knitter are going to argue all day over this (sigh!)

Well done, thou good and faithful exchanger! Blessings!

Monika said...

I love this pattern! Your's turned out wonderful!

nicole said...

ooooo! It's absolutely beautiful!

Angela said...

How utterly fabulous.

I've decided that shawls - you can't come back from Paris without a healthy respect for a good shawl - are going to be my new thing.

I've already started the Lotus Blossom (there's one on display at Serenity) in Sea Silk and it's gorgeous.

~Angela

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

Your photos really show off the beauty of the shawl you made for me. I can't believe you're self taught and have only been knitting for 2 years. I LOVE the way you have the shawl draped and tied and I am going to try that out on me. Thanks again. You're the best !!!