Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Heat Is Getting To Me...

I heard on the news the other day, that the weather here in Toronto this past week has been the same as Cancun, Mexico. I think the heat and humidity has impaired my judgement, because this is what I started:



Bayerische by Eunny Jang. (That woman is brilliant!)

I wanted to give up on the first row of the leg because it was so difficult. I usually have no problems with level of difficulty. Knitting is like cooking with a recipe: you just follow the instructions and everything will turn out the way it's supposed to. But this pattern...the stitches were so tiny and tight, with a gazillion twists...Anyways, as you can see, I hung in there and it did get easier. Not easy, just easier.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I have one of those! Started ages ago and that's about as far as I've got! Not that it's difficult it just takes so much concentration to knit that small so I can only do a few rows at a time then have to do something less taxing. The finished article on Eunny's site look so lovely though that I'm determined to finish

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That is one pattern I haven't made yet. It looks hard. Your's is looking great, and I do love all the twists and turns...gives it a lot of character.

Monika said...

Looking good so far. Hang in there, they are worth the trouble - so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, those are awesome. I know you'll get them finished.