Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Look At What I Got Today!!!


I got my International Scarf Exchange package today!! Hooray! The box was BIG, and when I opened it, it was FULL!!

My knitter, Babette, put together the most incredible package ever. When I saw what was inside, I was shocked at all the goodies. It couldn't have been more perfect!
First off, the scarf: it's absolutely perfect! Classic, beautiful, and the neutral colour will go with all my coats. Babette included an extra skein of the same yarn, which is such a brilliant idea! I'm going to knit a matching hat with it. The wool is called Steadfast Fibers, and is very soft and squishy.
I also got some yummy vanilla and honey/lemon tea sticks. I am a tea-a-holic, and have 2-3 cups per day, so I'm so excited to try these!
Then there's the yarn...oh my goodness! You'd think I joined a yarn exchange! I don't know if Babette knew my favourite colour is pink, but if she didn't she must be psychic. Every skein is so lovely, and I feel so spoiled! There is a skein of Euroflax linen (which I've been wanting to try for so long), a skein of soft merino in pinks and brown, and two skeins of Mountain Colors luscious Mountain Goat in pink/lilac/lavender.
Babette, thank you so much for these wonderful gifts! You've made my first exchange such an awesome experience! You're the best!

4 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

Wow! That is a seriously amazing package -- great scarf, great yarn, etc.! How nice!

babette said...

So glad that you liked everything! I was a little intimidated knitting for you, because by reading your blog I could see you are a MUCH better knitter than I am.
I really wanted to send you some chocolates also but we where going thru a heat wave when your package was shipped & I was worried it would melt. Sorry about that :)
I am still waiting on my end with no word from my *pal* since the very first e-mail...
Glad you enjoyed the exchange!
Babette
http://www.mother-of-purl.blogspot.com

Susan Pandorf said...

Lucky you! I reaally must get in on some of these swaps. They look like such fun.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is - WOW. How lucky you are. those goodies are fantatic.