Friday, September 28, 2007

Monkey



I finished the sleeves of the Transformers sweater. So, to reward myself (and to avoid seaming!) I started some socks. I'm giving Monkey another shot. This one is so much nicer than my previous attempt. The yarn is Koigu, and the pattern is showing up much more clearly. I haven't knit socks in a month, and it was a good break. I think I'm ready to dive back in. On my recent visit to Pick Up Sticks, I picked up an armful of sock yarn:



From L to R: Dream In Color Smooshy in Cloud Jungle, Araucania Ranco in Multy, Araucania Ranco in green solid, Colinette Jitterbug in Velvet leaf, Artyarns Ultramerino 4 in color #144, Liisu in Calming, and Handmaiden Casbah in teal.

and I got this:




Dream in Color worsted for the Minimalist Cardigan. Take a look at these marvellous Minimalists: 1, 2, 3, 4.

5 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

The Monkey looks great in Koigu! Wow, that's a lot of gorgeous sock yarn, and I think it's a fabulous idea to make the Minimalist Cardigan in Classy!

Kathy... said...

Your monkey is looking great. Love the sock yarn stash.
And - very excited to see the yarn for your Minimalist Cardi. I want to make that too, but undecided as to yarn, or even color. I will look forward to seeing your progress. You did indeed pick lovely examples for us to see.... It's a very pretty pattern.

Tammy said...

Your cardigan is going to be stunning in DC worsted! Yum!

Your new Monkey looks great. I have a Monkey on the needles right now that I'm not in love with... maybe I just need to try some different yarn. I like the pattern enough, but the yarn seems to make all the difference.

Anonymous said...

The sock is lovely. You're making so many pretty things, Michelle. I can't wait to see the Minimalist. I love the pattern too. Let us know how the Monkeys turn out!

Kimberly said...

The tones in the yarn for the Minimalist Cardigan are beautiful.