Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sorry for the lack of post this week. Progress is a lot slower when you're not knitting socks! (But that's about to change real soon; you'll see why at the end of this post) Josh's Transformers sweater is all done and blocking. The Tilted Duster is moving along slowly:



I went to Serenity Knits to pick up the long circular above. The always-helpful Karen mentioned she saw my last post, and showed me come cute bobbins that will help my adventures in intarsia be, well, less adventurous!



They're made of soft plastic that flip open and closed. It's firm enough to hold your yarn, but still allows you to just pull more yarn out (instead of having to unwind). Good thing she showed me these; my husband is insisting he get a Transformers sweater too. Any day my husband begs me to knit is a good day!

Of course I couldn't resist a sale on Koigu:



And last but not least:



Hooray! I finally have my hands on this book! I'm so excited to try out these amazing socks. Okay, enough blogging. I'm wasting precious knitting time! See ya!

4 comments:

Virtuous said...

Wow I didn't know about those bobbins! Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tip about the bobbins!! I'm really happy to hear they exist! If you learn to knit with one circular, you'll have to try this technique, Michelle: Knitting Circles Around Socks. Check it out on Amazon. This is knitting two socks on circulars at the same time. I bought the book and tried it, because you know how much touble I have with socks, and it's super easy. Take a look at it. You would pick up the technique in NO time!

becky c. said...

Uh-oh. Welcome to the Cat Bordhi sock cult.

Kathy... said...

Love your new yarn .. very pretty.

You will have to let me know what you think of the new sock techniques. I have yet to even see the book! Intriguing, though, I will agree.

Your duster seems to be growing quite nicely. Am anxious to see more....