Thursday, September 20, 2007

Not So Fun



Working on this sweater has been very unpleasant. It's definitely no fun knitting something for the second time. Sometimes people say to me, "your should knit and sell your stuff" or "you should do more designing", but right away I think 'No way!". Knitting is my refuge from stress. I could never turn it into work. I don't do well with deadlines and pressure.

I'm so glad I'm done with the torturous intarsia picture. The new bobbins were definitely better. Just the little act of pulling more yarn rather than unwinding the yarn really was more convenient. However, they still became a big, knotted mess on almost every row. I think it was because of me, though, and not the bobbins. Intarsia and I are just not a good match.

In other news, I'm now in the Ravelry hundreds:

Found you!
You signed up on July 10, 2007
You are #15480 on the list.
758 people are ahead of you in line.
18486 people are behind you in line.
43% of the list has been invited so far

Hooray!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Great! You should be in Ravelry within a week!

Anonymous said...

You're going to love Ravelry! What is the creature on the sweater? You are one brave and loving mommy.

Monika said...

I agree with you. I've been asked to knit to sell, but I just can't do it. It's so much pressure, which I put on myself, and deadlines, brrrrrrrr. I love knitting and want to keep it as my beloved stress releaser, as is with my spinning. Even as I'm a beginning spinner, I was asked to spin for someone else, but no, can't do it, don't know how it will end up, so I can't make promises.
For you, the hard part of this sweater is over! But doing something for the second time, in exactly the same colors - I feel for you! ;o)

marit said...

I think you are very nice to knit this another time! I agree with you on the " knitting for a living" thing- it is much more fun to find new patterns, and also to use knitted items for gifts.