Friday, February 1, 2008

Baby Knitting

I finished my first baby knits this week. Baby knitting is so awesome...it's quick, it's cute, and it's a great stash buster!

First is a simple cardi from Debbie Bliss' Essential Baby.



And I hade enough yarn left over to make a basic hat from Itty-Bitty Hats, and Herringbone Booties from 50 Baby Bootees to Knit.



All should fit up to 3 months, and took only 3 balls of King Soffice yarn.

I started knitting Sheldon from Knitty today. Shouldn't take too long 'cause were hunkered down in the house today. We're supposed to get up to 35 cm of snow by nightfall!

4 comments:

km said...

Oh. I love those buttons. I know that will look so great on your new little cuddle bug when he arrives.

Monika said...

So very cute!

Kathy... said...

Your little sweater came out so cute! Wasn't that a fun project? Love the bootees and hat too.

I am not familiar with King Soffice yarn. I may have to do a search. Good machine washable baby yarn is hard to find I think.

Sheldon is just adorable.

Anonymous said...

More gorgeous baby knits. I've got a nephew who is only 3 weeks old so should be knitting lots for him. But all I've done so far is a baby blanket and tha'ts only just started. Bad auntie I am.