Sunday, February 3, 2008

Our Valentine's Tree

We finally took down the Christmas tree this week-end, and replaced it with a Valentine's tree:



When I was little, I had a favourite book about a family that kept their tree up all year, decorating it according to the nearest holiday. I had always wanted to do that, and two years ago we did. But after one entire year, my husband had enough, and we had to take it down. He's letting us do it again, but only until the baby comes. We'll have time for an Easter tree, then a "welcome the baby" tree.

On another note, it brings me great joy and satisfaction to announce I frogged the Minimalist Cardigan. Whoo hoo! Sorry, but that moss stitch was not fun. I worked on it for 2 hours while watching a movie. At the end of the movie, I looked at my work, and found a big mistake near the beginning. That was the last straw. I hope to use the yarn for one of those cute cardis in the upcoming Interweave issue.

4 comments:

Monika said...

What a lovely idea!

Tammy said...

Oh no! You didn't!

Cute tree idea though.

Kathy... said...

That's a terrific idea! It could be a birthday tree too. All sorts of possibilities. (How about father's day...and perhaps he'd let you keep it up all year??)

Oh no! I had the Minimalist on my list to do also. Boring...huh??
btw, my daughter loves the "Tilted Duster". Works well as a maternity wrap also.

Poethead said...

Your tree looks really cute. A neat idea!