Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sheldon

Here is Baby's first toy: Sheldon the Turtle!



Pattern: Sheldon from Knitty
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport, 1 ball grass, 1 ball green apple
Needles: 3.25mm and crochet hook



Modifications: I was supposed to use applied I-cord to attach the top and bottom shells, but I couldn't figure out how to do it neatly. Instead, I did I-cord on just the top shell, then using a crochet hook, slip stitched the shells together. I also left the tail part open, because I forgot to go up a needle size on the bottom shell, and it was a little snug.

I barely had enough yarn left over for some tiny socks.



They were 30 sts. on 3mm.

Up next: a Rocketry cardi, and it's knitting up so quickly!

9 comments:

maitai said...

ahh, sheldon and the socks are so cute! i love that knitty pattern!

Poethead said...

Sheldon is the cutest thing, ever! Matching socks! How adorable is that?! I can't wait to see the little sweater. It's all so exciting!

jillian said...

So cuuuuuuute. Oh my gosh.

Kathy... said...

Oh....Sheldon is so cute! What a lovely little toy! I had not seen "Rocketry" before, although I am familiar with the girl's version. I can hardly wait to see it....

Great progress you are making on your baby knits! One lucky little guy...

Kelley said...

That is just adorable! I love Sheldon! Now I know what to do with my Shine stash!

knitting bean said...

Absolutely adorable! You did a great job!

Susan Pandorf said...

What a cutie!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

How cute. Both Sheldon and the socks.