Friday, February 15, 2008

9th

Thank you for all your nice Sheldon comments! My kids really wanted to keep Sheldon for themselves, but I had to explain that they had rooms full of toys, but Baby doesn't have any toys yet.

Yesterday, Hubby and I celebrated our 9th anniversary. I never expect any gifts, but yesterday he surprised me with a card, chocolates, roses (not real ones, the soft stuffed toy kind!), and a shirt with this picture:



The company that made it is iseemyface.com, and they did a really great job. It's from a picture taken before we were married, and does really look like us!

Our marriage has not always been smooth, and to be honest, has had more downs than ups, but I'm so thankful for my husband. He really is a great guy. He loves the Lord, and loves to study His Word, and because of that, I know we'll always be okay.

Rocketry is done...just need to get some buttons:



The yarn I used is Mission Falls 1824 wool. I was really surprised how soft it was; perfect for baby. However, I've read many negative comments about pilling. I knitted this sweater on smaller than suggested needles, so we'll see how well it holds up. The balls are only 50g/85 yards, which was perfect for this small project that used multiple colours.

Thank you, Debbie, for the pattern!

3 comments:

Kathy... said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great shirt.... what fun!

Love the baby sweater. just adorable.

Poethead said...

Oh! Happy Anniversary! Yea! I just LOVE the little sweater. I'm so happy you made it! I love Mission Falls, as well. I've never had any trouble with it, really. I think it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. I think having a Christian marriage makes you feel more secure in your marriage alhtough you still have ups and downs.

Love the cardi. Beautiful.