Saturday, January 13, 2007

Knitting this week

After Christmas, I had a hard time picking up knitting. I was such a procrastinator that I didn't start knitting for my gifts 'til December, so all month I had worked very hard. And it was all for nothing. My gifts were not really appreciated, and that really disappointed me. From now on I'm only knitting for myself, or if someone asks me for something specific.

Well, this week I had a really tough week. I found out I had a miscarriage. I'm supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant. I felt like I had to knit, to keep my mind occupied. I picked the Calorimetry pattern from Knitty, since I wanted something easy and mindless. Turns out short rows aren't really mindless. I wanted to try to avoid holes with the wrap & turn (which I've never done before), but it didn't turn out like I had hoped. I don't know what I did wrong, and don't really care. The FO looks kinda ugly laid out, but it actually looks okay on my head. Finished this one is just a couple of hours. I followed the tips from the Knitty boards, and CO 108 sts, and did 9 repeats of row 5 and 11 repeats of row11.




Next on the needles: Hedera socks!

1 comments:

Tanya said...

I am so sorry for your loss, really sorry. Welcome back to blogging. I love your vest, you did a beautiful job on it. I look forward to more of your work.