Wednesday, January 31, 2007

January

I can't believe that January is already over. Not that I'm complaining. This month has been one of the most difficult months in my life. Just trials after trials. And it doesn't seem to be letting up. But my faith is strong, because during all I've been through, God continues to reassure me that He is there and in control. I believe everything happens according to God's plan. We receive monthly CDs from John MacArthur's ministry Grace To You. The CD we received today was titled, "God's Purpose in Our Pain". It was just what I needed to hear. The talk is based on 2 Corinthians 7-10, and line 10 says,


"Therefore I am well content with weaknesses,
with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties,
for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

MacArthur says, "The weaker the human instrument, the more clearly God's grace shines forth." That is exactly how I feel right now; weak and broken in body, yet strong and rejoicing in spirit. Though I would never want to repeat this month ever again, I thank God for all that I've been through. He has humbled me and I am stronger because of it.

0 comments: