Friday, January 12, 2007

First FO of 2007




I started this vest last year, but it got put aside for Christmas knitting. Now it's done, and my first finished project of the year! Yeah!

The pattern was an easy one, called Ticuna from the Berroco website. I wanted to try out their Ultra Alpaca yarn, because I've never used alpaca before. I found I had to hold the yarn tighter than I normally would with wool, because the alpaca wasn't as elastic. Otherwise, it's a very nice yarn; nice and fuzzy.

You know when you were young, and your parents would tell you something for your own good, and you would never listen to them? Then you would make that mistake yourself, and finally understood what your parents were talking about? That happened to me on this vest. I don't know how many times I've heard to measure your gauge throughout your knitting but I never did this. I thought it was rediculous. How could my own knitting change? Well, I finished the back, then finished the front. When I put the two pieces together, the back was a good 4 inches longer! I triple-counted my rows, and they were the same! I ended up frogging and redoing the back. Lesson learned!!

0 comments: