Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

What a year 2007 has been. Looking back, I've gone through some of the lowest and most painful experiences in my life, all of which I am so thankful for. I'm sure you've all heard or thought of the question, "If God loves us, why do bad things happen to us?". This year I got to learn that it's BECAUSE He loves us, that bad things happen. Everything works for His glory, and what may seem horrible and tragic to us, is all good to Him. Bad things strengthen us, teach us, help us to focus and rely on Him, help us to relate to others that are hurting. Bad things breaks us down into nothing, so that He can rebuild us. My lesson that the Lord has taught me in 2007, is to trust in Him and His timing, and to not care for my own desires, but to seek out what He desires for me. I would not change 2007 for anything. Nevertheless, I hope 2008's lesson is not so painful :)

"For I know the plans that I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Happy New Year! May the Lord bless you and your families.

4 comments:

km said...

Yes...it is often through the toughest times that our character is most shaped. And knowing that HIS goal is Christlikeness for us gives a different perspective for those hard lessons. May God Bless you in 2008!

CaveGurl said...

Perfectly said. I know some of my toughest years have been the ones I cherish the most. May God bless you and your family richly in 2008!

Poethead said...

Happy new year to you and your family! Good luck in this new year.

Monika said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Hope this one will be a goo one for you!