Monday, January 14, 2008

This Week

Last week I finished up and sent off my sock pattern to Yarn4Socks. Since I found it posted on their site, I guess I can tell you that February's sock club yarn is a semi-solid merino by Yarntini! It is very pretty!

There's been quite a bit of knitting going on since those socks are out of the way. I tried out my swift for the first time:



I had lots of eager helpers. If only they could be as eager at their chores! On the swift is the yarn for the Minimalist Cardigan. I really need to finish it...now that my waistline is rapidly expanding, I'm in desperate need for clothes.

I got these basic ribbed socks done:

Yarn is Regia Canadian Classic Color #4746.

And I started something new too:
The pattern is Heartland Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark, and I'm using Jo Sharp's Alpaca Silk Georgette. My mom is flying to Hong Kong next Sunday to visit an aunt recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, so I'd like to give this to her.
That's it for now! Have a great week!

1 comments:

Kathy... said...

So sorry I missed your Blogaversary. (I just KNOW I would have won your contest!) I have been behind in my blog reading of late... So - congrats on a great year - and best for the next year too. My goal is more charity knitting this year. So far, so good.

Your kids are such cuties, btw! In less than a week, you will know sex of new baby too...how exciting.

Don't you love Regia yarn, and basic ribbed socks. The lovely patterned and lacey socks are gorgeous, but basic "plain jane" socks are still my favorite for wearing. Your new ones are very pretty.