Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Guess What Today Is?

It's my one-year blogaversary!! Hooray!!


I started this blog mainly to keep a journal my knitting, but along the way, I've met so many wonderful friends. Some who live very similar lives as me...some completely different...but all of us connected by our love for knitting. I truly value all of you! Thank you for making this blog so precious to me. I say we celebrate by having a little contest!!!

I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions. They're just too...well...resolute! I like to call mine "goals for the next little while". Doesn't that sound like less pressure?
For personal goals, I really need to work on my attitude. I am constantly keeping it in check; stopping myself from being grumpy, angry and negative. I'm aiming for 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ.". That's tops in my personal goals.

As for knitting goals, 2008 is going to be the year of baby knitting! I find out the sex on Jan.22, and I have tons of patterns ready to choose from!

For the contest, share in the comments section either a personal or a knitting goal. The contest will end Friday midnight, and I will randomly choose one entry. The winner will get to choose ONE of the following choices:
1. Koigu, 2 skeins, each 160 m, colourP1555

2. Dream In Color Smooshy, 2 skeins, each 450 yds (enough for a shawl?), colour is Cloud Jungle, actual yarn a little darker than photo

3. Colinette Jitterbug, 1 skein, 267m, colourway is Gauguin #100
4. Handmaiden Sea Silk, 1 skein, 400 m, colour is Blackberry
Good luck!

16 comments:

Knitting in Pink said...

Happy Blogiversary! One of my goals for 2008 is to be able to spread my time more evenly between my various crafts. I'd like to sew and spin more, not just knit all the time! : )

Shar said...

Happy anniversary!!Those yarns are gorgeous. One of my goals is to knit a moebius or something entrelac.

Laura said...

That's some fine yarn up for grabs there!

One of my knitting goals this year is to knit 2 socks on 2 circular needles. I feel like I'm missing out!!

Laura said...

Forgot to say Happy Blogiversary. Happy Blogiversary!

Tammy said...

Let's see... A couple of my knitting goals are to choose my projects more carefully (and less impulsively) and to knit up some of my stash. (Notice I didn't say I'm not going to buy yarn... I'm just going to turn to my stash first.)

On a personal side, I really want to be sure to set aside quiet time in God's word every day.

km said...

Knitwise: I want to knit some of the projects in my que. They're not in ravelry yet, but they're projects I have the pattern and yarn for. I just have to get busy.

For Me: I want to memorize scripture. I've been working on a post about that...but haven't gotten it up yet.

Happy Blogiversary!

Kelley said...

Congratulations!

My goal? To learn some new skills with knitting, and to sew more. I don't want to get too complacent, you know??

Monika said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm glad I found your blog. I think one should always have a goal to work towards, not just at the beginning of the year. I like the way you think of "goals for the next little while"!
My knitting goal is to knit at least one pattern from each of my knitting books. That's a hard one for me, but I'm determined. :o)Also I'd like to sew a little more, and make one crochet item. :o)
Personally I need to take better care of myself, that means more exercising, less pizza. :o)

marit said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm so glad I found your blog! Take care with that little one:-)
My main goal is to knit...and knit...and knit some more...and then I have a set of curtains (in crochet...) to finish...

becky c. said...

Happy Blogiversary! My goal is to finish the Kauni sweater that I abandoned for Christmas knitting. It is sitting in a bag now waiting for my return.

ikkinlala said...

Happy blogiversary! One of my knitting goals right now is to find or design a basic mitten pattern that I actually like - I've tried several, and they've all had something about them that wasn't quite right.

CaveGurl said...

Happy Blogiversary! My main goad for 2008 is to learn to knit socks. My hubby needs some wool socks and so do I, so I hope to make us a few pairs. I'm also going to tackle a few more sweaters just for fun!

twigletqueen said...

Happy blogiversary for yesterday! I like the rejoicing more, that sounds like a fantastic resolution to me. I'm resolving to cook more this year. I'm into my second year at university now and I think I've had enough of pizza and beans on toast. My fridge is now a forest of green, it just remains to be seen how long it stays like that...

Free Range Chick said...

Yeah One Year...Happy Blogaversary. I've declared 2008 my Year of Giving. I've been knitting of about 2years and realized I have too many extended family members without a knitted treat. So every one under 18 is getting something. Some of the grownups (those that will actually wear a hat or scarf) are getting something. too.

Lori said...

Happy Blogiversary! My goal is to knit your Diamond Lace Sock in some stash yarn (or yarn I win in your blogiversary drawing).

Jennie said...

Happy Blogiversary!
My goals for 2008 is to finnish two UFO´s for each new project I start. Maby I can get my hibernating UFO´s knitted this way?!