Friday, January 18, 2008

Heartland Lace Shawl





Pattern: Heartland Lace Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark
Yarn: Jo Sharp Alpaca Silk Georgette, 5 balls, colour: pearl
Needles: 3.75mm
Size: 58" x 29"
It's been a while since I knitted a shawl, and I forgot how fun it is. In the last couple of days there has been some serious knitting sessions because I was afraid I wouldn't be done before Saturday, but I made it with time to spare! I'm so happy with this shawl. I hope it brings the recipient some warmth and comfort. The yarn is awesome and the pattern was easy. The pattern is available free from Buffalo Gold. You have to send them an email asking for the pattern, and I got mine the next day. This shawl was so fun, that I think I will cast on another shawl right away!

10 comments:

km said...

I love the subtle hearts. I think the way you knit lace so quickly is amazing. This is beautiful...and I know it will travel with love attached.

Susan Pandorf said...

Lovely work. I think a shawl in something more substantial is perfect for these cold winter nights...

Blessings!

Heather said...

Very lovely. I have never seen that shawl before. Great work.

Tammy said...

It's gorgeous! I really want to give something like this a try.

Kathy... said...

So beautiful! Fantastic job!

Poethead said...

Really nice! Great work! You're amazing.

ikkinlala said...

So pretty!

Octopus Knits said...

Beautiful! I'm sure the recipient will love it : )

Tammy said...

You have an award waiting for you at my blog. See ya there. ;)

Anonymous said...

Stunning.