Monday, December 31, 2007

Secret Project

Now that the craziness of the holidays is over, and my energy is much improved, knitting has resumed almost on a daily basis. I have so many projects I'm itching to start. But before I do, I'd really like to finish up all the WIPs lying around. But before I do that, I need to finish a secret project!

A while ago, Valerie from the great shop yarn4socks.com contacted me about designing a pattern for their sock club. Why in the world she thought of asking me is a mystery, but I couldn't say no to such a fun and exciting opportunity. My pattern will be included in their February installment. I can't really say anything about the pattern, or the yarn, or the yarn's artist, but I will say this...when I found out who's yarn I was going to be paired up with, I was squealing with glee! They are one of my favourites....really, really big...tops in the world of hand-dying! So exciting! The first sock is almost done.

Since I can't show you any pictures of the sock, I'll share a pic of this handsome guy we made a few days ago:



Unfortunately he doesn't look so great today. Due to some rain, he's currently missing an eye and his frontal lobe. Poor snowman!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

How exciting for you! Congratulations!

Tammy said...

P.S. I just ordered it! Can't wait!

Poethead said...

Woohoo! SEE! Rayne's Sock helped, I know!! Congratulations!