Saturday, December 29, 2007

Gifts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was very nice. Usually, Christmas dinner is a big, chaotic party (which I love), but this year it was only us, my mom, and an uncle. The evening was quiet and relaxed, and it was a pleasant change. Mom really liked the gloves, and has already requested her next gift be slippers.

Here is a gift I received from my aunt, which was a total surprise:



Awesome, huh? I'm kinda scared to open it. I think it might turn into a new obsession. I haven't sewed since grade 8 Home Ec. Already my mind is racing with possible projects.

My dad gave me some Christmas money, and it has been well spent. I got some great deals at Serenity Knits' boxing day sale:



Jo Sharp, Koigu, and superwash wool for my mom's slippers.

Did you get any special gifts this year?

2 comments:

km said...

My MIL was so thoughtful in her gifts this year. I'll have to post about them. I think my favorite might be a leather Brighton tapemeasure. (I don't know if you have Brighton...but they are a jewelry/accessory store here.)

Kathy... said...

Love your baby ticker! I put one on my blog too - a grandma count down.

Your sewing machine is very special gift indeed!....as is your swift. I am sure you will enjoy them both.

I think my special gift this year is family...having my son home for an extended visit (2 1/2 wks) and the news from my daughter. Best Christmas season ever!

Your mom's gloves are gorgeous. I bet she was thrilled.