Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Getting There

My Christmas knitting has been slow-going. The other day I glanced at the calender, and had a mini panic attack when I realized how little time I had left to knit. The last two nights I've forced myself to work on my mom's gloves:


They're the Twisted Stitch Gauntlets from the Holiday 2007 Interweave. The pattern is just okay, but I'm loving this Zara yarn. I have tons of it in my stash, but this is the first time I've used it.
I also worked a bit on a doggie sweater. The patten is this one from Drops.

The yarn is Paton's Classic Wool. In terms of sizing, I'm just hoping it will fit. Last year I knit the same dog a cabled sweater with Patons, and it fit well, so I'm sorta following the same numbers again.
So...13 days left. I know I can finish these two projects. Anything beyond that, we'll see. I really don't like deadlines.
Are you ready for Christmas?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Very nice! I'm sure she'll love them!

Kathy... said...

Oh! Your tree is beautiful! Bet your mom will really like the gloves....they look gorgeous. Beautiful Doggie sweater too. Sofee's aren't that beautiful...

I am finally done with my holiday gift knitting. I finished up a pair of clogs for my hubby today (to be felted after Christmas). My son is coming home next Tuesday, and I want 100% free time during his visit. Otherwise, I would probably be trying to squeeze "just one more thing" onto the list.

Monika said...

Oh, your Christmas tree is so beautiful! I like the doggy sweater so much, that I use the Norwegian design for socks. :o)