Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hemlock Ring

Ugly duckling:


Beautiful swan:

This was a fun and easy knit, and the blanket turned out gorgeous! I first bought this yarn to make a bag out it it, but decided it was too beautiful to use to shlep my stuff around. So instead, when I wake up, I wrap this around me and have some tea, and it helps alleviate my morning grumpiness.
Pattern: Hemlock Ring Blanket
Yarn: Peace Fleece Worsted, 3 skeins (had very little left over)
Needles: 5mm or 5.5mm, depending on what length circular I had
Size: about 45" across; I knit the same number of rounds as Brooklyn Tweed

6 comments:

Kathy... said...

That is just amazing...the before and after shots! It's gorgeous....Great job!

marit said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!!

Monika said...

It's beautiful, I have to knit this sometime. I like the color (of course)! Did you like the yarn?

becky c. said...

What a great example of the power of blocking! I still can't wrap my head around the idea of a round blanket, but it is a beautiful work of art.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job! Beautiful! I have the yarn to make mine, started it, got stuck, tossed it aside, and now, NOW I have somewhere to go for help!! Heh, heh, heh!!

Cecilia said...

That is gorgeous. Im must make one now.