Saturday, March 24, 2007

Serenity Knits

I've discovered heaven on earth, and it's called Serenity Knits. I recently found out about this store from another blog, and was shocked to learn it's only 15 minutes from my home! Everything about this shop is wonderful. The co-owner Karen is the most sweetest, nicest person ever! I've never received better service than what she gave! And the yarn...wow! Fleece Artist, Koigu, Nashua, Trekking...the selection was awesome. And I really liked that they had tons of books, patterns and magazines. They will also be getting in the new lace Addis soon. The reason I went was to get yarn for ISE4, and this is what I chose:

Ahhhh! Handmaiden Sea Silk. I've always wanted to try this. It is incredibly soft, and the colours are so much nicer than the photo. And it smells too! Not like stinky seaweed; more like relaxing on a beach!
Of course I came home with more stuff:
This is the first time I've bought books. I've always thought it ridiculous to shell out $25-35 for a couple of good patterns, but these books were different. Almost everything in them was something I liked. Karen convinced me to try the Brittany dpns. They're really different: only about 4 inches long! And I couldn't resist some watermelon coloured Trekking. I can't tell you how hard it was not to scoop up all the Koigu they had.
Shopping is the best thing ever. I feel it's okay for me because I don't buy clothes, shoes, make-up, jewellery, don't get my hair or nails done, no facials or massages...just yarn! Okay, maybe sometimes I go a little overboard, but knitting makes me so happy. Happiness is priceless, right?

1 comments:

Angela said...

I have the same trekking colour way.

I love the way the colours bleed into each other.

Very pleasing.

~A