Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Holiday

Last night I watched the movie, The Holiday, which was a really cute chick-flick. In the movie, the character Amanda wears the most amazing sweater:



This picture does not do it justice. The front cables fold closed and is probably held with a pin. It goes high around the neck like a mandarin collar. The two cable panels on the sides go over the shoulders and down the back in a vee to the waist, then flare back out again. And the rest is covered in baby cables and panels of moss/seed/stockinette stitch. The whole thing is quite fitted. I've become quite obsessed over this sweater, and was up 'til the wee hours of the morning scouring the internet for info. All I got was this pic, that is by TSE Cashmere and this clip (you'll need Windows Media Player): click here for clip. I definitely need to make this, but maybe not 'til next fall. Love it!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I noticed that sweater too.

It's amazing.

T'would look wretched on me (I'm a little too...lush), but my fingers itch to make it for some slim friend.

Let me know if you come across the pattern.

~A

msubulldog said...

Wow, that really is gorgeous! Good luck finding a pattern. :)

Poethead said...

Oh, I just rented that movie, but I haven't watched it yet. Now, I can watch for the sweater!