Saturday, March 10, 2007

Be Happy

My husband said something to me yesterday that really, really disturbed me.

I used to be a terrible tv junkie...talk shows in the morning, soaps and Oprah in the afternoon, 3 hours of prime time, plus rented movie videos. It was such a waste of time, and I realized it was an addiction, so about a year ago I stopped.

My most favorite tv show was Alias. Giving that one up was the hardest! The other day we rented the whole last season of the show, and started watching them. I was so shocked at my physical reaction to watching the show! I guess its like an addict relapsing!! I had butterflies, and adrenaline pumping though my body, my eyes were all wide and I had a goofy smile pasted on my face. It was the best thing ever, and I still have 3 more discs to watch!

Anyways, back to my husband's comment. The next morning he said to me, "You were so excited watching Alias! That's the happiest I've seen you in a year!". As soon as he said that, my ears perked up. Happiest in a year?? I'm happy, aren't I? I would say I'm very content with everything I have. I sure am thankful...the Lord definitely provides and blesses our family even though we are undeserving. But I tried to think about the last time I was really happy; happy enough for it to show through my face. Big, silly smile or an uncontrollable laugh...I became quite upset because I truly could not remember the last time I was happy. Lately I've really struggled with the repetitive routine of being a stay-at-home mom, and since my miscarriage I have been a little blue, but I think I've made it a habit to not be happy. I definitely have plenty to be happy about. So I've decided to be more happy; happy enough so that it shows through my face. I'm off to find something to laugh about. Have a happy day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand. Time and prayer help.

Angela said...

I thought you were going to say that you were addicted to knitting and that you were going to have to give it up.

THAT would have been tragic.

Keep your chin up.

~Angela

Tammy said...

I so know what you mean... about the stay-at-home routine, the habit of being unhappy, and Alias! I still need to go back and watch the last season but I'm afraid of all the late, late nights when I just gotta watch one more!

It sounds like you're on the right track now and I'm glad to hear it. You encouraged me with you attitude to find something to laugh about. Good idea!