Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's A Happy Day!

...for Hubby that is! He finally got his long awaited sweater, and boy was he happy! (Men are so easily satisfied)


I'm so relieved it fit him. This was the first men's sweater I've knit, and it seemed to be huge. The sleeves just went on and on forever! The weather has cooled down a bit the last 3 days, and he's been wearing it every day. The yarn I used was Knit Picks Swish, which I don't think I'll use again. It's very soft, but it looks like it's gonna pill a lot, even on 4.25mm needles I used. The pattern is roughly followed from the Baseball sweater from Knitty.
I also started a Shetland Triangle shawl, inspired by the gorgeous one Tammy recently made.
I'm using Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk, which is so yummy!
I think I've gone into nesting mode. I find myself cleaning things I've never cleaned before! Only 7 more weeks!

4 comments:

Heather said...

The sweater looks great. Nesting yup the baby will be here soon. Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see the finished shawl.

soknitpicky said...

The sweater looks fantastic! I better not show that to my husband :-)

Acornbud said...

The sweater really came out perfect!

km said...

The sweater is great. But the smile on your husband is even better. I bet that made knitting miles of sleeves worth it. Yeah for the countdown on the pregnancy. Soon you'll be holding that sweet little bundle.