Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thank you!

Thank you so much for all of your congratulations! It's so nice to finally be able to share the news with people. I wish you could have seen the looks on my kids' faces when we told them. They were really devastated when I miscarried. Josh was so happy he was in tears! That little guy...so sensitive like his mommy!


I'm now 10 weeks (due June 16), and the nausea is slowly getting better. Still tired though, which means no knitting. And I don't think there will be much baby knitting until I know the sex. I'm not too crazy about yellow or mint!

I did finish one project last week, only because it's so cold and I really needed it:



Yarn: Manos Del Uruguay, #113 Wildflowers, 2 skeins

Needles: US 11

I used the tutorial from Mason Dixon, which helped a lot.

About this Manos...I know this yarn is really popular, and I really like supporting yarns that help certain communities, but I really don't get why this yarn is so big. The colours are pretty, and it's fairly soft for wool, but the way it is spun is horrible: it varies from bulky to lace. I can't imagine a garment make from this yarn; you would end up with threadbare spots!
Also, one skein had one knot, and the other had five. I guess with yarns not made in a factory, there is little quality control. I won't be buying this yarn again, but I still really like this scarf. 2 skeins came out to a long scarf that could be wrapped twice around my neck.

3 comments:

Virtuous said...

Thank You!

For the info on the tutorial and your review on Manos!

I love the purple and red colorways and have lust over them, but have yet to buy it.

Appreciate all of your tips!

Signed: One of your lurkers! ;op

Heather said...

Congrats again hope that the morning sickness gets better soon. I know what a drag that can be. I am not one for yellow or mint clothing eiter! haha

Thanks for the tutorial I was wanting to knit this scarf the other day but i was getting too frustrated with it. I'm not a complete novice I guess it was the way that the pattern is written. Thanks again!!

Kathy... said...

Love the scarf. I am going to private email you...so keep a look out! k