Friday, November 9, 2007

Big News

Hello! Is anyone still there?

I haven't come to give you knitting updates. Since my last post, I started a new scarf, and that's all.

The time is right to share some big news. Lately my need for knitting has been replaced for an overwhelming need for sleep. And when I'm not sleeping, I'm fighting nausea. Can you guess it?

I'm pregnant!! Praise God!!

This year began with a miscarriage, and I learned a huge lesson on trusting in God and His timing. I figured, lesson learned, now I can have that baby. Obviously I didn't REALLY learn my lesson. The Lord had me wait and learn to be patient. I finally realized it doesn't matter what I want, because if it isn't what He wants then it ain't gonna happen. When I finally got that in my heart, lo and behold, I became pregnant! I had an ultrasound this week, and everything is developing normally. I hope once I start feeling better in the 2nd trimester, my knitting will get back on track.

Gotta go...I need food! I could eat a horse!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm still here... and so glad I am! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

I had a miscarriage between my 3rd and 4th boys. At the time the doctor thought I may had miscarried one of two babies as it seemed I was still pregnant. I had 3 days of bedrest while I waited for some sort of confirmation. I have never felt the peace of the Lord to such an extent as during that time.

Thanks for sharing your story. You'll be in my prayers! :)

Monika said...

Congratulations on that big news! I'm happy for you and your family! :o)

km said...

Congratulations! I know that you'll be anxious in the coming weeks. I'll pray for you. Isn't it great that we can know that HE has counted all our days before there was one of them. The Father is "knitting" your litte one in your womb. Maybe that's where all the knitting mojo goes. =0)

Kathy... said...

What terrific news! Congratulations!! Relax, Rest, and enjoy.....!!

Laura said...

Congratulations!!!

Heather said...

Congratulations...hope that your knitting mojo comes back soon so that we can see all the lovely baby knits that you will be making. Have fun and take care of yourself.

CaveGurl said...

Congratulations! Hope your feeling better soon too!

I'm still learning that lesson. Hopefully I'll get it soon though. You will be in my thoughts & prayers!

Anonymous said...

Happy Day for all! I knew it would be something like that. Congratulations.

becky c. said...

Yay! That is so great. Take it easy and enjoy each day.

marit said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!!! Congratulations, Michelle! Wow! Think of all of the neat baby things you can knit, now!! Yea! When is your baby due? I'm very thrilled for you.

Knittin' Diva said...

Congratulations!!! What fabulous news.....just think of all the fun things you'll have to knit now ;-)

Therese said...

Congradulations on the BIG NEWS !!! always exciting when a baby is on the way ..