Monday, August 25, 2008

Liesl

I jumped on the bandwagon, and knit the popular Liesl.



This sweater was actually supposed to be for me! The pattern calls for worsted to bulky yarn and 7mm needles. I used worsted and only had 6mm needles, so I knit a bigger size. Of course, I didn't measure gauge, which would probably have been important!



Luckily the sweater looks pretty darn cute on Grace, and she was so happy to get a new sweater.
My days are just flying by so quickly. I can't believe I have to start homeschooling again in a couple of weeks! Caleb is growing like a weed; he's already doubled his birth weight (14lbs):
I am enjoying him so much; much more than the other kids. I think with the first child, I was such a nervous parent being a newbie. With the second, the first kid was a toddler, so I was constantly frazzled. Since Josh and Grace are much older now, they are a great help, and are really good at being on their own. Now I just have to train them to do diaper duty!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Lol - At least you have somebody who can wear your not-quite-right knits.

km said...

It's so cute on Grace though. You'll just have to make another one. I think I enjoyed my 3rd more too. Probably because I knew it was my last.

soknitpicky said...

Oh, it looks so sweet on her! I think mine will want one too :-)

Kathy... said...

Grace looks adorable! A perfect knit for her.

Caleb is certainly growing fast! Amazing. Our Grant is doing the same thing. It's so much fun to watch him grow and change!

Kelley said...

I never would have guessed you didn't knit it just for her. :-)

Connie said...

Congratulations Michelle on the new baby! I need to read your blog more often - I didn't know you were even pregnant! Take care!
Connie from Pick Up Sticks

Knitcrazy said...

Caleb is so cute..
Grace looks so pretty in her sweater.. I want to make one for my GD now Just like yours.. So I guess I will just use the 6mm needle like you did?? Will that work ???