Monday, May 26, 2008

Sock Monkey

A while ago, we watched the movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It was a very strange movie; not one of my faves. However, in it is the cutest little sock monkey. Every since we saw that movie, Josh has been asking for a monkey, and here he is:



Me being me, I gave no thought to gauge or number of stitches, and just started knitting with no pattern. Of course this means that the doll is turning out HUGE! As I was knitting this monstrosity, the thought occurred to me that if I cast on the right number of stitches for a sock, then I'd get the right amount for a sock monkey. DUH!

Last week I also ended my Science Club. I had been running a little club for about a dozen homeschooled kids at church, where we do a little Bible lesson and a science experiment that goes along with it. For our last experiment, we ended with a "bang", and made volcanoes:



Here's the science lesson learned: the more the mess = the more the fun!

1 comments:

km said...

I'm sure the science day was loads of fun. You're so close to your due date and you're still teaching...you're amazing.

I never did get to comment, but the red sweater is so lovely. I like the way it crosses in the front. And it would look cute with a shawl pin or a kilt clasp too. Fantastic job.