Saturday, May 24, 2008

Finished Projects

I have some FOs to show. I've been working hard to clear up all the projects I've been working on. I know that once baby comes, there won't be much knitting for a while.

First is the Cavern Cardigan:



I had to guess how the front would fit because of my belly. I don't know why, but it never occured to me to use my mannequin to measure. Anyways, as you can see, the fronts are way too big and overlap, but I actually like how they turned out. I still have to sew on a button, but won't put it in until I lose my tummy. I really love this Dream In Color; it is incredible soft, and I'll definitely be using it again.

Next is a log cabin blanket for baby:



Yarn is Cotton-Ease in Almond, Lake and Taupe, and it comes out to about 45" x 45". The beginning was so fun and quick, but those outer rings were torture!!

Lastly, are some newborn-sized hats, made from left-over Mandarin Petit:



Teeny-tiny, about 36cm circumference, to wear home from the hospital.

Hospital bags are packed. I'm almost ready. This Sunday is my last day of teaching Sunday school, and Grace has a birthday party to go to on June 1st. After that, baby is welcome to make his appearance! 'Til then, he better stay put!

4 comments:

soknitpicky said...

That's very exciting to be so close! Those are great FO's. I especially like the color combo on the log cabin blanket

krysten said...

oh my goodness, those are all beautiful! i love the cardigan WITH the overlap, how'd that happen? i would want mine to look like that!

beautiful color choices for the baby items. love.

Monika said...

Everything looks beautiful and perfect. I wish you all the best!

bevq said...

I have my first grandson due any day now too! And I am way excited. Love those hats you knitted! What great colors!

Best wishes for you and your new little one!

Bev
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com