Thursday, June 28, 2007

Not Feeling The Love

I finished the first Sockapalooza sock. I thought I had the perfect yarn. I definitely had the perfect pattern, and I got the sizing just right. Remember how cute it looked before? My feelings have changed for it. Take a look:

Whoa! Who turned on the lights?
In her questionnaire, my recipient wrote, "Knit a sock you love, and I'm sure I'll love it too.". I'm not feeling the love for this sock.
It's knit for a size 9, 10" foot length and 9.25" circumference. It's quite stretchy, so it can fit a little larger. If you think that these socks were meant to be on your feet, let me know in the comments and they are yours. I will knit up the second sock and send them to you.
Anyways, I went to Serenity Knits today to find some replacement yarn. This is what I chose:
It's blue, it's self-striping, and it's safe. I'm going to knit it in the Rhodie Gus pattern (pdf), and it's gonna be awesome! (I'm speaking it into existence)
And there's more...look what Serenity Knits just started carrying:
Undyed Trekking!! Hooray, more Kool-Aid fun! Their sock sale is until the end of June, so you have two more days to grab some at 20% off.

9 comments:

knitting bean said...

Your sock is beautiful! Why don't you like it? I've been watching, silently, as you blog about it and I think it's pretty. Of course, I like just about anything made out of yarn that is a sock! Go ahead and send it to your buddy! You did a beautiful job - just like all your other socks I've seen on your blog.

Tammy said...

Oh Michelle - I think it's quite possible that you are getting to critical of your work! They look great and I'm sure your pal would love wearing them!

However, I did just glance at the Rhodie Gus pattern and I do think that it will look pretty amazing with the Trekking you just got. As a matter of fact, I think I have the same Trekking in my stash! (I'm quite the copycat... I also got the Speedway pattern for some green Vesper I have. However, you will actually get these all knit... I will only imagine knitting them.)

Shar said...

I love them and think your pal will as well. If you are sure you don't want them, I'm a size 10 and would love them.

Angela said...

You should definitely stop bashing said sock and I am sure you are hurting its feelings and giving it a complex.

Poor sock.

I love you, even if no one else does.

~A

Monika said...

I can't believe you don't like this sock!!! It's gorgeous, wonderful and would be my size! ;o)

Cristina Salgueiro said...

The sock looks lovely, just reflect a little bit more:)

Octopus Knits said...

I think your sock is gorgeous, but it is bright (you mentioned your sock pal didn't want neon), so if you think it's best to knit a different pair then...
I wish I was a size 9...

Kathy... said...

I agree - you are being too hard on yourself. I bet your pal would like it. The blue trekking is gorgeous, however! I am going to check out the new pattern....
later - k

Erin Joy said...

Why don't you knit the other sock and overdye them? A couple packets of Grape Koolaid might make you change your mind! ;-)